Inspiration

So I mentioned in my first post that I'm into a lot of crafts.  One of them is scrapbooking and, as anyone who scraps can tell you:  it requires a lot of stuff and it ain't cheap!

But somewhere along the way, I went from being a casual, fairly regular scrapbooker to a collector of scrapbooking supplies (in fact, I haven't done a single page since May 2010).  I'm not sure how it happened, I guess I got busy, and just never really sat down to do anything...my stuff was a mess, all disorganized and scattered everywhere.  But hubby bought me a Cricut Expression for Christmas and so now I REALLY need to get back into it.

When we got back from Christmas holidays, I was on a mission to get the craft room in order (this happens every so often, but I never seem to actually finish).  I had been talking about doing an album for friends of ours (they eloped last summer and we were their witnesses so we had a two week vacation together!).  Once the craft room was organized, I started sorting through some vacation pictures and getting them organized.  I was feeling pretty good about my progress and was actually getting close to being ready to print pictures.  But that's really about as far into the future as I was planning. 

Last night I was flipping through a book I've had for quite a while (Clean and Simple Scrapbooking - The Sequel by Cathy Zielske, 2006) - and I gotta tell ya, I am feeling BEYOND.INSPIRED!  My desire to scrapbook is back.


Like I said, I've had the book for years, and I've looked through it plenty of times before.  But last night, something just clicked - I found myself studying and admiring each layout and just wanting to re-create them all!  Seriously - if you don't have this book, you should check it out (it's available over at Amazon).  I love her approach, the layouts are all so simple and are never overdone.

I definitely think I'll be creating again in the very near future...and I have something fun planned for February...stay tuned!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!

Back to Home Back to Top Re-Inventing Mrs. Stiles. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.